The Technical Support Engineer manages different levels of support: hotline through our call center, installations and on-site support for European customers, preventive actions, software and hardware products repairs and updates.
Ensure Level 2 technical support:
- Ensure daily level 2 technical support to our customers, use online ticketing tools, write internal processes and customer procedures.
- Manage customer issues (requests, incidents) related to our complete offer including RFID devices and software platforms : remote control over distant servers, error diagnosis, issue solving with internal teams, provide necessary information for level 3 analysis, follow up on issue solving.
- Provide 24/48h onsite operational preventive and curative support, including travel, reporting, planning and budget monitoring.
- Take part in standard product repairs and improvement opportunities (product receiving, analysis, quotations, repairs, documentation, and shipping). Provide quarterly reports on hardware returns and establish an action plan with internal teams.
- Support the ramping up of Level 1 Support teams: write troubleshooting documentation, write training documentation and train teams, supervise teams for incident and request resolution, control quality indicators.
- Contribute to enriching the Company’s knowledge base and management platform.
- Ensure onsite deployments and upgrades of RFID devices and software platforms:
- Participate in product deployments at customer sites in Europe: set up customer environment on virtual machines, perform Factory-Acceptance
- Tests, execute onsite deployment, ensure On-Site-Acceptance-Tests signature, and write related documentation and reports.
- SQL server skills
- Experience with Java, C, script
- Good understanding of Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
- Experience with remote connection tools: Teamviewer, LogMeIn, divers VPN
- Good knowledge of management tools such as KB Publisher, Redmine, CA Service Desk
- Able to anticipate network issues in DHCP, S-DHCP, TCP/IP environments
- Experience with RFID HF / UHF devices and hardware electronics
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, organized and autonomous
- Likes to take initiatives
- Highly motivated
- 25% travel max
Interested? We would like to invite you to send your resume and a short motivation letter using our job application form below. For more information about this job you can directly contact Sabine Fabre via phone number +33 413 96 1111.