Keywords：Invengo, Self-service, Security and Protection, System Compatibility, Comprehensive Tag Identification
- The University of Nottingham(UoN) is one of the top 100 universities in the world. FE technology, who is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Invengo ,had a good cooperation with UoN on the smart library project, and established a deep friendship with them.
- The University of Nottingham Ningbo China(UNNC)，approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education, is a Sino-foreign cooperative university founded by the UoN and Zhejiang Wanli University. The new library building at the University of UNNC has 5 floors and a total of 25,000 square meters. They has over 200,000 open-access books and over 2,600 study spaces.
- Based on the cooperation experience with UoC in UK, this time Invengo build cooperation with UNNC in China. Invengo provided the complete library solution，and create a modern space and intelligent services.
- The library management system need to be compatible with the old software.
- Software and devices need to be long-term and stable working on both HF and UHF tags. The solution should meet the requirements of self-help of borrowing and returning books, anti-theft functions, books identifying.
- Providing local services of system design, installation and testing. Invengo engineers will also offer long-term local post-sales services of system upgrade and timely problem response.
- System compatibility：Integrating Invengo’s intelligent library management system with the previous system, and realizing system linkage with the third-party software；
- Reasonable tag identification solution：Perfectly compatible with the RF book tags inherited from last vender，and ensure the book tags can be read without interference by magnetic stripe.
- Self-service borrowing and returning：Self loan station(7*24 self-service) allows readers borrowing and returning books without time and location restrictions. It will be convenient and efficient for both readers and tutors.
- Automated Materials Handling（AMH）：The automatic sorters feature a gentle belt and roller transportation and highly effective sorting system that can be configured and maintained by the library itself. The External Patron Return unit feeds all the returned books into the automatic sorting component and then finished the sorting process.
- Security and anti-theft management：RFID security gates are installed at the entrance and they have ultra wide channels which can offer more spaces and pleasing experience to passengers. Illegal books with tag will be precisely identified when pass through, and alarm light and beep will turn on.
- Solved the key problems that UNNC have been faced to. It saved labor cost and service cost, and improved the service level and capability.
- Enhancing digitalization of UNNC library and upgrading its intelligence level. It is significant to develop the varieties of extended intelligent services for a modern library. And it can play the advantage of the library resources.